Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Amazing temples... Incredibly hard building work.

Every time I visit the Angkor temples area I am just amazed by the beauty, the grandeur, the “spirituality” of these places. I believe that most people feel the same... However, do we only imagine the hard work that has been necessary to build these temples? Of course, it is evidence to me that the designers of these buildings had a high sense of God, and the tribute they pay Him is unquestionable. But I am thinking of the ordinary workers, the little people, the slaves that took part in this great construction work. What were their thoughts, their feelings, and their living conditions? All along our human history powerless and poor people have been involved, used by their masters, by the powerful... I praise the lord for all of them.