Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Cambodia is the Kingdom of Wonder: What are my 3 favorite wonders?

Cambodia is a beautiful country and the slogan “Cambodia, the Kingdom of wonder” is totally appropriated. I would like to write about, in my opinion, what are the 3 best of these wonders. I will start by the third, then the second and finally the first. The Temples in Cambodia are absolutely beautiful. I really like the Sambor Prey Kouk district in Kompong Thom province which is my favorite temple place and I rank it number three. To be honest, I don’t know a lot about the history of that place, but it is a real pleasure to visit it. I can still feel the grandeur of the Khmer society during the Chenla Period. I can spend a lot of time day dreaming among the vestige of the monuments surrounded by a refreshing forest. Number two, on my Cambodian’s wonders list, is the incredible variation of green in the rice fields. When the crops are growing, they change color, they go through a large variety of this unique rice-crop-green and then turn yellow when they are ready to be harvested. This scenery is really something I appreciate very much. In fact, that so special green color attracts my eyes like no other color. After a little walk in the fields I feel happy and relaxed. But, the most beautiful wonders in Cambodia are not made of stones or of vegetal. Number one on my list of wonders are the Khmer people.  I just find Cambodian people beautiful. Truly, there is something in their personalities, in their hearts that appeal to me a lot. I cannot really say exactly what, but the people of this country have something very special that make them very dear to my heart. To conclude, I’d just say that I am hoping to spend the rest of my life in country that well deserved the title of Kingdom of Wonder, especially because of the wonderful people who live here.
Wonders number 2 and 1...